Okay this dress was seriously so much fun to make! Mainly because I got to play with this really fun Oreo cookie print fabric! I used the new(ish) Lisette pattern from Simplicity (which you can find HERE). All in all I'd say the pattern as pretty darn simple. The only thing that tripped me up was getting the keyhole facing/collar insertion right. I didn't like the look of the slim skirt in the actual pattern so I switched out the skirt for a simple a-line without pockets. The keyhole in front originally came out as barely a slit so I had to widen it just a bit for it to be visible without being too revealing. The edging on the shoulder was completely improvised just for fun ^___^ Jumbo rick-rack had become one of my favorite things to accent garments. It's so versatile and easy to work with! And can we just talk about the collar for a second? I was so happy that it went all the way around without any weird seams halfway through or worse- only made to be on the front. I mean, right? That's the worst. Either have a collar all the way around the neck or not at all.
Now, according to the instructions the collar is supposed to have a button loop closure at the center front but I saw a few other girls who had done it and I hated the way it looked. Their collars didn't seem to lay correctly with it in the way. So I just sewed it shut, it's not like I'll need to open it for any reason. Usually I would line the bodice if nothing else but this I decided to leave completely unlined. I do have facings on the neck and armholes but that's about it. The fabric is a little on the thin side of the cotton spectrum but I'm so used to wearing a slip underneath my dresses that it doesn't bother me at all. And if I happen to change my mind later... Well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!