Thursday, October 10, 2013

Oh Puppy Love



RELEVANT MUSIC FOR THIS POST:
I Do Adore by Mindy Gledhill on Grooveshark


"When you’re near I hide my blushing face
And trip on my shoelaces
Grace just isn’t my forté
But it brings me to my knees when you say
Hello! How are you my darling, today?
I fall into a pile on the floor
Puppy love is hard to ignore
When every little thing you do, I do adore"


If you haven't heard of Mindy Gledhill PLEASE go check her out! I am obsessed with literally everything that woman comes out with! All of her music is so heartwarming and happy :)





----------------------------------------- 
If you've been with me for a while then by now you know that I'm addicted to love. And puppy love is probably my favorite. It's definitely one of the feelings I try to remember as often as I can. Infatuation, a crush, puppy love, admiration, fantasy, it goes by so many names. But we all know the feeling.
That rush in your stomach like the free fall of a roller coaster.
Giggling every time they speak even though what they've said wasn't funny.
Getting excited when they come around and finding yourself bumping into them by 'accident.'
Half-listening and half-watching the adorable way they talk.
Melting when they say your name.
Feeling bashful and slightly awkward with every conversation.
The stuttering.
The clumsiness.
Hugs that you wish lasted longer.
The constant daydreams that you just don't want to end.
Replaying conversations in your mind not realizing the stupid smile on your face.
Feeling like every love song ever must have been written just for you.

It's innocent. It's cutesy. And it's really really mushy.
But it's also fleeting.
For a short time- a day, a week, a month, a year, everything is amazing. You feel amazing. You feel that the other person is truly truly amazing and perfect and cute and everything you could ever want. All you wanna do is hug 'em and kiss 'em for a million years... And then it just ends. Something they did or said, something you did or said, or maybe just time itself has snapped you back to reality and the feelings are gone. Your eyes are suddenly opened and all of those wonderful things you felt become a memory. A distant memory.
"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away. 
 Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day."
Just the same way that we remember guilt, regret, sadness, and hate we can bring back the good emotions whenever we want! I have never been in love before, but I've had my fair share of crushes. I tucked all those butterflies away safely in my little pocket and use them whenever I want.
  The Princess Diaries was definitely on to something with that song...
And the song above does a great job of encompassing all the feels.
Isn't it lovely to have a song that matches literally every human emotion and experience?





 photo signature_zpsbd922b58.png

No comments:

Post a Comment