Monday, October 7, 2013

You were born to bloom!


Bloom by Moriah Peters - www.ouvirmusicasdegraca.com on Grooveshark



Just keep believing
You'll see a new season soon
You're turning into something amazing
Baby, you were born to bloom



I'll admit, I'm a lover of sad sappy songs. Give me a depressing song of heartbreak or an angsty song about being misunderstood and you got me. But lately all I'm in the mood for is encouraging, happy, inspiring, lovey-dovey songs! It's good to have balance I suppose. Coupled with the fact that things are going so good in my life right now. My self-confidence is getting a little better (I'm wearing lipsticks again!!), I'm out of the house more than once a month, making $$$, and eating better. I mean, God has just been so good to me man, I wish I could make you understand. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1-22 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing..."

We all go through seasons. Of happiness, struggle, friendship, heartbreak, maybe even periods of being stagnated (like me). But seasons change. That is something that will always be true. Good or bad everything changes. I find that I'm often stagnated- more often because of my own doing than not. Main reason being that I become not complacent but I guess just really comfortable not moving forward. But I know logically if I ever want to live my life, proceed, and progress I must ACCEPT and EMBRACE change. Not only that but cause change.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are a lot like flowers. 
First a seed need to be planted. Then it grows it roots and breaks through the earth. The lil stems reach towards the sun and grows into a tiny little bud. And when the time is right and it has enough strength it blooms into a beautiful flower... or a weed haha! But while it's going through all these changes there are different seasons- surviving the cold hard winter when the conditions are much too hard for most flowers to grow (at least on the surface). But then comes the rain and wind threatening to drown the poor thing. Little does it know it's being watered not drowned. Out comes the sun and dried up all the rain just in time for spring + summer! It's time to shine and maybe even pollinate amirightladies ;)

*omg I'm really bad with analogies*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


But I like to think of things this way:
  • It starts sometimes as small as a seed (see also: Luke 17:6)
  • Take all the time that is necessary to work internally - trees and flowers must grow roots before they can sprout fruit and flowers
  • Realize that you are being watered, not drowned.
  • You won't just magically show up one day. Everyday you reach a little higher toward the sun as you become stronger.
  • You will know when it's time. You will know when a new season is coming. (see also Matthew 24:32)
  • When you finally bloom and you find that others who used to pass you by on the sidewalks or in the garden are now starting to realize you beauty, you may find that you are attracting a few bees. But don't worry! Bees are a good sign!
  • The sun will always shine, you can count on that.


You're probably thinking earlier I forgot about the fall season right? 
Well unfortunately that's a very hard season for flowers because unfortunately that's when most flowers (and trees) wither away and die. But the beauty in that is you get to start again! Did you see what I did there? I believe that the language you use is extremely important. Turn that negative into a positive!! Don't think of it as "I have to start all over." Think instead, "I get to start again." It doesn't mean that all is lost, you now have the chance to pick a new dream, a fresh start!! The chance to make it whatever you want you majestic wildflower!!! 


Song of Solomon 2:11-13 "For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree ripens its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away."

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end of one phase isn't the end of the process. It's just the next step.




 photo signature_zpsbd922b58.png

No comments:

Post a Comment