Saturday, May 4, 2013

Things that make me uncomfortable


Feeling eyes on the back of my head. Do you ever feel like you're being watched or stalked from a distance? It's like that weird extra-sense we all have, right? I think the times where I've felt "eyes" the most is when I'm in a group of  people and it's my turn to speak and you just feel everyone turn around and stare (which is what they're supposed to do. But the sudden awareness of it is what makes me feel icky).


Awkward silences or lulls in conversation. The "I-don't-know-what-to-say-here-so-I'll-just-wait-till-you-start-talking-again" kinda silence. At that point I know I should just politely end the conversation and part ways. BUUUUT that never happens. Of course someone always ends up saying something and we then suddenly start laughing because we both felt the awkwardness.

Too hot. Too cold. Oh man, nothing is worse than being hot and it suddenly feels like all your clothes are sticking to you. I feel like I have to 'readjust' my clothes constantly and worry about my makeup (if I'm wearing any) is going to melt off my face! Too cold for me means that because of a lack of meat on my bones I'll be shivering like a mad woman in no time! Not the most attractive sight.

When someone cooks for me and it's terrible. I just don't have the heart to tell 'em. So to spare myself of guilt and harsh  feelings I just eat it. No matter how bad it is. 

Physically being to close to someone/breaking my bubble. We all have our personal space bubbles right? You should have a pretty good idea of what I mean here.

Public speaking. It never fails, as I prepare myself I have all the confidence in the world. I usually know exactly what to say, presentation on point. When I stand up and feel the eyes on me it's game over. I become a puddle of jumbled words and nervous gestures. Although, if I have it written down and I can glance at it every now and then I'm good2go.

The fact that my baby cousins are no longer babies. I may only be a teenager, but seeing them grow up is a reminder that I'm growing up too. I don't wanna grow up! I wanna be a Toys R Us kid!!!!!!!!!

Not having enough cash/forgetting ALL your money and cards at the store checkout. Uhh do I really even need to explain this?







1 comment:

  1. I hate having to speak in front of crowds! I turn into a nervous wreck!

    I am your newest follower :)

    Jay
    xo

    ReplyDelete