Sunday, May 5, 2013

Favorite quote and why you love it

Day 4
Yeah so I skipped a day, oh well.
Funny because I find myself quoting movies and TV shows in nearly every conversation. This should have been easy right? WRONG. Like anyone who tries to come up with a favorite quote, or a favorite ANYTHING, I drew a blank.  Surely enough a million and one quotes from all over the place come to the forefront of my mind. It may very well just be the drama queen in me but each one feels so life-changing! 

But a few that I've been thinking about a lot lately are:





Everyone goes through hard times. Life is a roller coaster. We all know what it feels like to be going through something that feels it has no end. But you have to find within yourself a light that will carry you through. If you can't find one, CREATE ONE. Something that no matter what is going on outside in your world, will keep you pushing.



Regret is something I'm all too familiar with. I'm sure you're no stranger to it either. But what is worse? Looking back with regret and resentment for not saying or doing something? Or being able to look back with appreciation, contentment, and maybe even good memories of the things you did? You don't get a lot of chances at some things in life. Maybe once or twice. And very seldom a third. I don't know about you but I'd much rather take my chances.


This is a relative statement. But for me I know that I've caught myself time and time again becoming too much of a materialistic person. Which, I feel for a lot of youngins is a hard thing NOT to be. I used to think 'well if I have this or that, less of this and more of that then I'll be (insert some high social status or positive emotional state).' And there is very little truth to that. Having 'things' can make you happy. I love my computer, the million clothes in my closet, my phone, etc. But that should never add or subtract to the person you are or how you think of yourself. Your material possessions are NOT your identity.
















2 comments: