Tuesday, June 4, 2013

She said I'm sorry for being fragile


 NO
I will not apologize for the way that I am.

I’m not sorry that I am sensitive.

Never will I hide that broken part of myself.

It’s what makes me human.

My fragility comes from the fact that I allow myself to be vulnerable.
Maybe a few years ago I would be afraid to do that but I’m not anymore.

You can’t fully understand someone else’s pain unless you’ve been through it yourself.
Not all the time, but in this case yes. 

I believe that God allowed me to go through some of the things I have gone through to be able to help someone else. Because of all of my struggles, and everyone has struggles, I’m able to recognize when someone else is in pain. I’m then able and better equipped to help them through the situation. And although I wish some things I hadn't experienced, but I take that as something to learn and grow from.

I have so much love and care to give.
I have so much compassion and empathy for others.
To be sorry for that is to apologize for having been born a woman.
To be sorry for that would be like apologizing on behalf of my creator for instilling His heart in me.
And I will never apologize for that.
If anything that is something that I pride myself in.


Yes, I am fragile.

No, I’m not sorry. 




4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post, mainly because I can relate fully to it. I'm still working on accepting this part of me--this sensitive, acute, emotional part of me. And I have quite a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some of us, especially me, I think it's just a life-long process.
      I wish you all the very best!

      Delete