The only alterations I made to the pattern was a longer skirt (about 3 inches so it hits right at my knees), exposed zipper instead of invisible, and slightly enlarge the armholes. Other than that I'd say this is a really great and easy pattern to use. I will say though, that the skirt rather than being gathered is pleated towards the center which was confusing at first... but as long as I made sure the markings were matched up correctly there wasn't much trouble.
Believe it or not the fabric is actually a bed sheet! TBH almost every dress I've made has been out of hand-me-down or thrifted bedsheets. Sooo much cheaper than going to the fabric store. I mean, you can't really beat $2/$3 total vs $9.99/yd. Unless there is a massive sale, that is.
For the first time using this pattern I think it only took me about 1 1/2-2 hours. Not too shabby!