Wednesday, February 26, 2014

On the back burner





I know I'm not alone in this. But I have a bad habit of getting really over excited about all my sewing projects. I start about 50 of them in a single day thinking I can get it all done in a reasonable amount of time. In my mind that time frame usually equals a week. Which I probably would be able to do if I wasn't going back and forth to work, making things for other people, in the process of moving (again), handling day-to-day responsibilities, and blahblahblah. The first couple of days I'm on fire! Patterns all cut, everything is pinned and ready to go, got my music goin, and I'm knocking out projects left and right. Eventually I run out of steam and am just completely overwhelmed. I suddenly lose all motivation and put things away thinking 'oh I'll just put this over here and take a break for today. I'll come right back tomorrow.' And of course I don't come back to it. Like at all. Or at least not for another week. Sometimes my plans are interrupted by work or some other responsibility and I have no choice but to pause everything. But by the time I get back I look at my hot mess of a living room aka sewing room and just don't wanna do it anymore!

Needless to say I'm not superwoman and I can't always finish everything right away. So some things get put on hold until I have a little more time. What's pictured above ain't even the half of it y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment