Friday, June 6, 2014

Ruffled Diaper Cover // Simplicity 1600

http://www.simplicity.com/p-9407-babies-vintage-romper-set.aspx http://www.simplicity.com/p-9407-babies-vintage-romper-set.aspx
This was a fun little thing to make! I will say however, that making those ruffles were really time consuming. Cutting out each strip, ironing, gathering, lining them up, blah blah blah. And then after all that they somehow ended up really short! Ugh! So the next time I make these I'll be sure to cut the strips an inch or so wider. Since this pattern is for babies the sizing goes by weight and height. I cut out the medium size according to the chart and it ended up being HUGE on my niece. My first go 'round with this pattern was a massive failure. I mean it was kind of cute, but not what I wanted it to be. I'm certain that the next time will be 10x's better because I'll know for sure what not to do. I'm not really feelin that romper or that bonnet-style hat but everybody loved ruffled diaper covers. So I'm keeping this pattern in rotation!


No comments:

Post a Comment