Monday, June 9, 2014

Inspired by an apron // Simplicity 1353


New spring pattern! Yay! It's funny because before I actually buy any patterns I always search for reviews so I can see how it looks on a REAL person. But so far I haven't been able to find ANY with this pattern! Oh well, I took a chance and it payed off! It fits like a glove and the only modification I made was bringing up the neckline about an inch and a half. I'm sure no one would really need to do that unless you're flat-chested like me haha! It sat waaaay to low on my chest. What stuck out at weird for me is that the pattern calls for interfacing on the bodice, I've never needed to do that unless there was a button placket or something. But you only need to use lightweight fusible interfacing, so it doesn't really complicate anything.

As you can see I've left mine strapless. Normally I would stay away from strapless things because I feel naked without some sort of strap (even spaghetti straps!). I like the self-made binding with matching straps from the pattern but I decided to go another route. I have this ruffle trim that I'm experimenting with. Not sure how I want to make it into straps but when I do I'll be sure to post an update!


http://www.simplicity.com/p-11776-misses-dresses-leanne-marshall-collection.aspxhttp://www.simplicity.com/p-11776-misses-dresses-leanne-marshall-collection.aspx



Now for the inspiration:
If you follow me on Pinterest you might have seen my Aprons board (Yes I love aprons so much I dedicated a whole board to them). And as I was browsing through it I came across this little gem...
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/114841859218617980/
Nice right? It's from a little etsy shop Boojiboo specializing in adorable aprons and I seriously can't get enough. It just so happened that we had a similar fabric (on clearance holla!) at my fabric store! So naturally I wanted to make it into a full dress. I didn't go with polka dots because I actually hate them, BUT you gotta admit that I got pretty darn close with this dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment