Sunday, January 26, 2014

Trying my hand with a Vogue pattern // Vogue

 



This dress was sooo problematic to the point of tears. It took me two whole days and a whole lotta will power to not rip it apart and just throw it out. This is the first time I've made anything with a vogue pattern and while the instructions were sort of easy to follow my execution was totally off. I must have redid the neckline 3 times. And taken apart the sleeves another 4! I don't know if it was the stripes, the gathers at the bust, or simply my own frustration that was turning this project into a nightmare. But that it was. However, I think it turned out alright. Maybe a 2 out of 5 stars. Not amazing but still wearable.

CLEARLY the neckline is uneven, you don't have to point it out lol. But I tried y'all. I really did. And I refuse to do it again. If I stand a certain way you won't notice it ;)

Anyway, this dress makes me feel like I'm late for a Mexican party for some reason. I realize hat rainbows have nothing to do with Mexican parties but whatever. Pass the salsa.




2 comments: