Growing pains are the worst pains.
I thought I was one of the lucky ones. One of the “special snowflakes” that can navigate through their teenage years without an awkward phase.
This year I will be 20. I know, not very old. BUT in my very short 19 years, I feel like I’ve done so much, yet I’ve also missed out on a world of opportunities.
I take these last 5 or so years as a big list of WHAT NOT TO DO!
- broken my own heart
- tore myself down
- missed out on amazing things because of fear
- held myself back from having much needed conversations with certain people
- disappointed myself
- relapsed with my addictions
- the opinions of others to be ridiculously more important than my own
- people to walk all over me
- others to tear me down and hurt me because that’s what I thought I deserved
- myself to become a passive person
- myself to become somewhat of a martyr
- built myself back up
- gotten fit
- acquired a good healthy diet/eating habits
- learned to speak up for myself and be honest about what I need/want
- allowed myself to be creative and imaginative
- started making my own decisions about my life
- come up with goal and actually achieved them
- weeded out toxic people in my life
- had fun and experimented with my ‘look’
- laughed until I cried
- gained much needed confidence