Monday, September 23, 2013

'Round these parts

Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. 



Welp, aside from preparing myself for the holiday season, I've been taking a bit of time for some self care. Self-nurturing is never selfish! And it means different things for different people. Like my homegirl said:


Quite aggressive, but still true. I've been sort-of blogging here and there lately, online window shopping, eating, binge watching a million shows on Netflix, messing with my hair, dancing in my room for hours, talking on the phone, cleaning out my closet, just STUFF.

I've had a few days where I was feeling a little frustrated and did not want to do anything or go anywhere, so I didn't. Then there were days I felt really energetic and happy and wanted to go out, so I did. Honestly I've just been riding the waves going with the flow of everyday life. That in itself is sometimes difficult because I like the feeling of having a routine and being on a schedule or being able to plan out and control my days/weeks/months but at the same time I find it almost liberating to 'go with the flow' and take everything in stride stopping for brakes when it's needed. So cheers to that!


Goal-wise everything's peachy! I'm on track with the things I want to accomplish this year. Job? Check. Getting out of the house more? Semi-check. Gifts for nieces/sisters? Double check. I have my to-do list on my desk as we speak and everything is going according to schedule.


Feelings @ the moment: a cocktail mix of excited, nervous, and thankful. With an extra shot of 'giddy.'






 photo signature_zpsbd922b58.png

No comments:

Post a Comment