Monday, September 9, 2013

INFJ- Intovert Intuitive Feeling Judging

Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)


 


"INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress."
I've always been that friend people would come to when they had no one else to turn to. Whenever someone needed to vent I was all ears. Crying at 2am? I'll pick up the phone. Need unbiased and honest advice? I don't know everything, but I'll give you my 110%! That's always just been my role in all of my friendships, the trusted confidant. I'll take every secret I have to the grave. It warms my heart to know that these people truly trust me with thier most personal and intimate stories, feelings, and some even with their hearts. I never claim to know everything. To be quite honest I have very little life experience! But I have and always will be ready at a moments notice to help someone in need in any way that I can. If I truly see you as a friend, I will give you all that I got. What else are friends for, am I right ladies?


 "The INFJ's thinking is introverted. Perhaps it is when the INFJ's thinking function is operative that he is most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment." 
"INFJs, like their fellow intuitives, may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality. The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Awareness of extraverted sensing is probably the source of the "SP wannabe" side of INFJs. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for INFJ actors to take on an SP (often ESTP) role."
I'm an avid daydreamer. Like a hardcore daydreamer. My mom mentioned to me a few times she gets a little wierded out because I sometimes get this really intense look on my face and I may or may not respond when someone tries to call me 'back to reality.' I like to call it La La Land. It's sort of an alternate reality where everything is basically the same as real life, but it's literally perfect because I can control all the circumstances, I can do whatever I want, let in whoever I want, and everyone is happy and good-hearted. The same way a child would create an imaginary world. The same way a mental health patient would create a happy place... but I swear I'm not crazy!! I just find it easier to deal with real life when I have another one I can escape to whenever I need it. Whatever, I don't care what you say... It makes me happy so there.

        

"INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers."
I feel like this sorta piggy-backs on to the  first two bits... And I agree 100% But it's so much more articulate than anything I could ever try to explain about myself.

 

"Due in part to the unique perspective produced by this alternation between detachment and involvement in the lives of the people around them, INFJs may well have the clearest insights of all the types into the motivations of others, for good and for evil. The most important contributing factor to this uncanny gift, however, are the empathic abilities often found in Fs, which seem to be especially heightened in the INFJ type (possibly by the dominance of the introverted N function)
Again, I agree 100%, however I also believe that most people have pretty good judgement or a '6th sense' about the motivations or the heart of another person. But I can honestly say that I have never once been wrong about a person that I've met and passed judgement on one way or another. And don't say you've never judged anyone, we all do on some level. 

 

"This empathy can serve as a classic example of the two-edged nature of certain INFJ talents, as it can be strong enough to cause discomfort or pain in negative or stressful situations. For instance, there can sometimes be a "tug-of-war" between NF vision and idealism and the J practicality that urges compromise for the sake of achieving the highest priority goals."
Empathy is the word of the day! I know for a fact that while you can have a healthy amount of empathy- it's what gives us a sense of hunanity and compassion and all those other wonderful things that connect us and make us human. BUUUUUT  sometimes I take things too far without meaning to. I take on so much of other peoples burdens and make their problems my own (which I do NOT recommend). I know that it's not my responsibility to take care of other people and be such a 'fixer' but I can't help it. It's only when I'm completely burnt out and therefore unable to solve my OWN problems that I realize it's time to fall back.

Now, about the whole 'tug-of-war' thing, I just call that perfectionism. I get those tendencies from my mom.



 "And the I and J combination, while perhaps enhancing self-awareness, may make it difficult for INFJs to articulate their deepest and most convoluted feelings. Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. Since in addition they often possess a strong personal charisma, INFJs are generally well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching (especially in higher education) and religious leadership."

I'm a self-help addict. Books, magazine articles, internet websites, forums, you name it! Coupled with all the advice I actively seek out from family and friends. Aaaaaand let's not forget that I'm an over-analytical person to begin with. This overwhelming and almost unnecessary intake of information makes it pretty hard to calm down and really figure things out for myself and then be able to communicate what I'm feeling or thinking to someone else. If you meet me in real life and we got into a deep conversation, you'd find that I talk in circles a lot. I think because my mind is moving 300 miles a minute. But oddly enough, if I start writing instead of speaking, it just flows without me having to think about it. Even in school I actually LOVED writing papers because it was always just so easy for me.

 It's funny that they mention teaching and religious leadership. Since around the age of 15 I've been seriously interested in the career paths of working in the ministry as a Sunday school teacher, public elementary/middle/high schools as a counselor, or even as a social worker. Hmmmm, maybe this test was on to something...

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how did you feel about the personality test?

Well, like I've said I'm a self-help addict. And I have actually taken a test like this a few times before so I wasn't surprised with the results, same pretty much every time. Most of what is described in the results I can agree with, others I know for sure don't apply to me.

I've always taken everything I hear/read/see with a grain of salt, like my dad always taught me. Nothing in life is a one-size-fits-all. Except maybe socks. Or snuggies. 

Just like when you read a horoscope (Oh c'mon I know you sneak a peak at the magazine column. Where my Cancer's at?!) it feel like OMG this is so totally me!!!!!!!!! But you know that it's just a bunch of generalized mumbo-jumbo that anyone could say about anyone and it would feel like really relates to them.

 That being said, I think it was a fun lil test to take. It's always nice to have someone else say what you've always tried to explain about yourself that you couldn't put into the right words to make someone else understand.







 photo signature_zpsbd922b58.png

No comments:

Post a Comment