Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Social - Jobs!

Hey errybody :) I hope you're doin well! Considering the fact that first day of my new job is actually tomorrow, this week's Q's are very appropriate :D



1. What is your dream job?
Homemaker. I know this sounds like a cop out. Oh, no thanks. I don't want to work for a living, I'll just vacuum the floors and eat bon bons while I watch my soaps. Uhhhh no. My mother was/still is a homemaker and a mother of 5. And based on the demographic of bloggers in America (i.e. mommy blogs), I don't need to tell you guys that being a mom in itself is a full time job. I know what it takes, the responsibilities, the sacrifices, the energy, patience, love, attention, blood, sweat, and tears and 567932 other things that go into committing yourself to stay at home and raise a family. But since I was a little grasshopper that has been my dream.

Besides, who says I can't have my own side business at home? Helloooo that's what the internet is for!


2. If you had just won the lottery and didn’t need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
Oh man, that depends how much money I win. If it's one of those sweet 'IJustWonEnoughMoolaToSetMeUpForLife' deals then the first order of business I'd phone everyone I knew and proceed to dancing.
 


Live the Beyonce life for a week or two... or five.
 


 THEN I'd pay off all my family's debts, save a few million for my kids' futures, donate to my favorite charities and travel for the rest of my life indulging in whatever. I feel like that sounds so Miss-USA-pageant-y, but oh well.
 


3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
 If you decide you want to work in retail you absolutely need patience and good people skills. If you are short-tempered, you don't like people bugging you with a bunch of questions, or you can't handle a little attitude now and then, and you're not willing to go the extra mile for your customers- PICK A DIFFERENT CAREER! Nobody likes going to a store or something and dealing with a rude and unfriendly employee. You have to be a people person to work with people or it ain't gon work.


4. What would be your ideal “just for fun” job?
In my area there are organizations that let you be a Disney princess/ Disney character for children's parties. It's basically like being paid to dress up and pretend to be your favorite princess! PLUS you get to go out to a birthday party or picnic for a bunch of little kids and have fun! How cool right? Dreams do come true!!!



5. What was your first “real” job?
I was an intern at a green energy nonprofit. It was pretty cool, I learned a LOT made a bunch of new friends. I had recently turned 18 and was quickly promoted to a real 9-5 position and was given so much responsibility. I'm really thankful for that job because I got a lot of exposure to the 'working world' or should I say 'real world.'





 photo signature_zpsbd922b58.png

1 comment:

  1. So true - those with a short fuse shouldn't come within 50 yards of retail. Another point I'd add is that you need to quickly learn not to take things personally. Customers and fellow staff members will treat you like garbage at times, and usually it has absolutely nothing to do with you at personal level. They're just frustrated, vexed, mad, unsatisfied, or some other less than stellar feeling and you're the first thing that fell into their line of fire.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete